- Reports To:
- Production Manager
- Full-time temporary (6-months)
The Shop Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness of fabrication shop, including floors, tools, and machines in the wood shop, metal shop, and finishing departments. This individual maintains standards of cleanliness throughout the shop areas, which requires cleaning floors, machinery, work benches, storage areas, and cleaning restrooms. Tasks include: vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, and more. The ideal candidate has attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining the appearance and cleanliness standards of the shop area. This role also is responsible for trash removal in the office areas, as well as maintaining cleanliness, stocking supplies, and removing trash in the employee break room.
- Performs various cleaning and maintenance activities required to uphold Roto's high standards.
- Moves heavy and sometimes bulky items to storage areas or designated receptacles.
- Solely responsible for ensuring cleanliness throughout all areas of the shop, to include but not limited to, floors, work benches, machinery, tools, and restrooms. Also requires trash and scrap material removal.
- Responsible for stocking supplies in the janitorial closets and employee break room.
- Responsible for maintaining the employee break room, to include: loading/unloading dishwasher, stocking supplies, and trash removal,
- Provides janitorial support to administrative offices to include weekly cleaning (vacuuming, dusting, trash removal).
- Supports shipping and receiving in the Admin department, by stocking supplies and tearing down/removing boxes.
- Stocks vending machine as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Fun, creative, collaborative, and casual working environment. Medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, and more!
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 80 pounds.
- The work requires the ability to lift, bend, twist, squat, kneel, reach, climb, and stand, for prolonged periods of time (upwards of 8+ hours).
- Ability to work in a shop setting with varying environmental factors, including: high noise levels, fluctuating temperatures, dust, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be reliable, organized, flexible, and adaptable.
- Basic skills, abilities, and knowledge in tool usage and general building trades is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
How to Apply
Email your resume to HR@roto.com. Include "Shop Custodian" in subject line.