- Reports To:
- Department Management
- Direct Reports:
- Department Management
- Full-time, salary
- Weekdays & Occasional Weekend
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Create structural and mechanical shop drawings, construction specifications, and CNC cut files using industry standard CAD/CAM software. Modify existing drawings per mark-ups/redlines as required.
- Research new techniques, equipment and materials for the purpose of improving efficiency and quality, reducing cost and waste, and developing Roto’s breadth of internal services.
- Create cut lists and bills of materials for all projects released for production. Actively support the production design and fabrication process by coordinating with both internal and external designers, engineers, carpenters, metal fabricators and specialty contractors hired to implement large scale exhibit productions under the direction and guidance of the Production Manager and VP of Engineering and Production.
- Communicate with all fabrication team members and the VP of Engineering & Production regarding ongoing projects to maintain direction to ensure production needs are met.
- Follow all Safety Policies and maintain OSHA compliancy through work practice.
- Keep shop and personal workspace neat, clean, organized and well supplied.
- Serve as an example to other Roto team members in matters of appearance, attitude, and performance. Must demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships and team environment with those contacted in the course of work at all levels, with a focus on quality service to internal staff and external clients, vendor and subcontractors.
- Support Roto operations through participation in meetings and team functions as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager and/or Vice President of Engineering and Production.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- Formal training and/or college course work in a design, fabrication, construction, mechanical or industrial technology field.
- 5+ years of experience in a design, fabrication and/or engineering profession is preferred.
- Ability to create structural and mechanical shop drawings using CAD software. Experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCad, VectorWorks, Adobe Illustrator with CAD tools is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with industrial CNC routers and associated CAM software packages such as AlphaCAM or Aspire.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, tools and equipment that are used in the fabrication of interactive exhibit kiosks, scenic facades and shows elements.
- Good working knowledge in carpentry, millwork and cabinet assembly with the ability to build and troubleshoot basic mechanical systems.
- Applicants should be detail-oriented and committed to producing accurate, quality, comprehendible shop drawings in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Inventive spirit, initiative to work alone without direct supervision, and be responsible for timely completion of assigned tasks.