- Reports To:
- Department Management
- Weekdays & Occasional Weekend
Roto self-performs an extensive range of custom design, engineering, and fabrication. The firm's freedom to push boundaries is amplified by its responsibility for guaranteed outcomes. Roto is maximum ambition harnessed to maximum accountability. We have produced in more than 150 museums with exhibits, attractions, and architectural features throughout the world. We are known for combining professional rigor with generous project flexibility, adapting our approach and contributions to produce highly reliable and cost-effective outcomes. We are currently seeking a Lead Cabinetmaker to join our team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build exhibits, displays, scenic facades and graphic signs using both common and unusual materials as required to satisfy the demands of the project.
- Operate standard shop tools and various hand power tools required in the fabrication and assembly of final products.
- Install exhibit structures and devices into final exhibition spaces both inside the shop and at client locations as required.
- Build scaled models of exhibit pieces and spaces for evaluation using wood, plastics, foam core or similar modeling products.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures, maintaining OSHA compliance through work practice.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and managers, and politeness to clients and vendors.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of work experience and training in a cabinet shop or similar fabrication, construction, mechanical or industrial technology position.
- Must possess cabinet making and fine carpentry skills of cutting, joining and preparing wood, plywood, and various plastics.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering, production and shop drawings and define parts from those drawings to be able to machine the parts as required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and a high level of skill with hand tools, power tools, various saws, routers, and drills.
- Experience with bending plywood, laminate, veneer, solid plastic, adhesive, and many fasteners is required.
- Must have the mechanical ability to integrate various electromechanical devices and apparatus into exhibit casework. The ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical and electrical systems is a plus.
- A good eye for detail and model building experience would be helpful.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects and work from lifts, ladders and high platforms.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Inventive spirit, initiative to work alone without direct supervision, and be responsible for timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Occasional travel is required, ranging from 1 to 4 weeks per year.
How to Apply
Email your resume to HR@roto.com.