Exhibit Technician (PT)
- Engineering & Technology
- Reports To:
- Production Manager, Electromechanical
- Hourly, Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Layout, assembly and wiring of custom control boxes, panels and racks according to provided project descriptions and/or engineering drawings while adhering to Roto’s design and wiring standards to assure the overall quality of each final product.
- Assembly, soldering and testing of custom Roto printed circuit boards and devices.
- Prototype new exhibit systems and devices through mock-ups, programming, and product bench tests.
- Install exhibit systems, structures and devices into final exhibition cabinets and structures.
- Develop and maintain full documentation for all assigned exhibitions including parts list, technical/operating descriptions, schematics, software back-ups and troubleshooting procedures where necessary.
- Develop custom software for a variety of PLC, microprocessor (Arduino), PC and specialized show control systems used in the museum and entertainment industry.
- Keep shop and personal workspace neat, clean, organized, safe and well supplied.
- Work with approved suppliers to order materials and maintain inventories of regularly used parts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- Must possess some work experience or be enrolled in a college degree program with a focus in an electronics, computer, mechanical or related technology field.
- Must have a good working knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot computer, electronic, electrical, mechanical and/or audio/visual systems as well as willingness and ability to learn additional technical skills.
- Skilled in the use of a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects and work from lifts, ladders and high platforms.
- Ability to prioritize and work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read floor plans, detail construction drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Must have an inventive spirit, initiative to work alone without direct supervision, and be responsible for timely completion of assigned tasks.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to HR@roto.com. The subject line of the email should read “Exhibit Technician.” We welcome links to examples of previous work that demonstrate the candidate’s exhibit development experience.