- Reports To:
- Principal/VP - Projects
- Full-time, Salary
- Weekdays & Occasional Weekend
The Exhibit Developer collaborates with designers, engineers and builders across the full range of exhibit project activities - from exhibit concept through production and installation. This position serves as a primary contact with our clients and is responsible for leading assigned projects through a visitor-centered developmental process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research, invent, and develop activities and displays for museum exhibits.
- Interface with clients to present, collaborate, and refine experiences and content.
- Develop and manage detailed activity and content documentation.
- Prototype and test visitor activities.
- Consult with subject matter experts, research assets, and write label and graphic copy.
- Manage selection and evaluation of exhibition components from concept through implementation.
- Collaborate with curators and other members of a client team to research, develop, and create exhibit collections plans.
- Coordinate interactive development with Design, Engineering and Fabrication teams.
- Research museum industry best practices in support of creating innovative and sustainable visitor experiences.
This position is best suited for an individual with several years of direct experience on exhibit project teams, as exhibit developer or exhibit designer with strong development experience. Must be organized, flexible, and adaptable. Must possess a proven capacity for full creative and technical management responsibility of exhibit development projects, large or small. Should be comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting deadlines. Strong writing and communication skills are essential.